Cellink is a cellular brand owned by Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GT&T), a fixed Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) that provides landline and mobile services throughout the South American country of Guyana. Through the mobile brand Cellink, GT&T operates both TDMA and GSM mobile infrastructures, offering both postpaid and prepaid services at affordable rates.
GT&T's history in Guyana dates back to the late 1980's, when the Government of Guyana moved forward with the privatization of the country's telecommunications industry. As a result, Atlantic Tele-Network acquired 80% of the communications infrastructures of Guyana, while the remaining 20% remains under the government's ownership.
The acquisition and privatization of Guyana's communications sector resulted to the establishment of GT&T in 1991, commencing its initial operations in January. As of 2004, GT&T's total investment already reached US$195 million as the network continued to improve its overall communications infrastructures to remain competitive in the global market.
Today, Cellink, under which GT&T operates its wireless services, provides local mobile calling, international voice, SMS, and data services. Cellink also entitles its customers free GPRS mobile web browsing.
|$10.00||USD converted to Guyanese Dollars (GYD)|
|$20.00||USD converted to Guyanese Dollars (GYD)|
|$30.00||USD converted to Guyanese Dollars (GYD)|
|$40.00||USD converted to Guyanese Dollars (GYD)|
|$50.00||USD converted to Guyanese Dollars (GYD)|
|$60.00||USD converted to Guyanese Dollars (GYD)|
|$70.00||USD converted to Guyanese Dollars (GYD)|
The Cellink logo and the Cellink product images are registered trademarks of Cellink.