SKU: INT-NEO-KZ

Neo – Kazakhstan

Neo – Kazakhstan

Availability: In stock

$0.00

Reward Points You will receive Reward Points for purchasing this product!

Ordering Instructions

  1. Select the refill amount you would like to purchase
  2. Enter the international phone number you wish to load
  3. Click the "Add To Cart" button and complete checkout
  4. The international phone number you provided will be automatically loaded (you do not need to have the phone in your possession)

Denomination conversion may not be exact due to currency exchange dictated by the service provider. All topup sales are final.

Maximum number of characters: 10

* Required Fields

$0.00

Product Description

Details

Launched in Kazakhstan in the first quarter of 2007, Neo GSM is a mobile brand owned by the GSM-based cellular provider, Mobile Telecom Service. The cellular network supports voice, messaging, and data services to roughly 7% of the country's mobile market.

Neo GSM, with its current subscriber base, is the smallest telecommunications provider in Kazakhstan; but despite its relatively small coverage, the network enjoyed more than 800% growth rate within its first year of operations, acquiring 0.7 million subscribers with such short span of time. Today, Neo's coverage reaches about one third of the country's entire population.

By the end of the decade, Tele2, a European telecom provider, moved forward with the acquisition of 51% of Neo's shares, with an option to buy the remaining 49% within 5 years after the initial acquisition, which was finalized at a reported amount of USD77 million. In 2011, Tele2 re-launched Neo as a brand fortified with aggressive expansion plans, which include tripling the number of base stations by the end of 2011 and achieving 74% mobile coverage throughout the country's entire population.

Today, Neo GSM has about 1.5 million subscribers and operates in 251 cities across 14 provinces in Kazakhstan. The reported expansion plan aims to cover areas in Almaty, Aktobe, Astana, and Western Kazakhstan, among many others.

Denomination Amount
$14.00 USD converted to Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT)
$27.00 USD converted to Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT)
Customer Support
  • By phone: Call Neo GSM Kazakhstan customer service at 8 800 0800 707 or dial 611 from your Neo GSM phone.

The Neo GSM logo and the Neo GSM product images are registered trademarks of Neo GSM.

We Accept: We Accept