SKU: INT-TIGO-CO

Tigo – Colombia

Tigo – Colombia

Availability: In stock

$0.00

Reward Points You will receive Reward Points for purchasing this product!

Ordering Instructions

  1. Select the refill amount you would like to purchase
  2. Enter the international phone number you wish to load
  3. Click the "Add To Cart" button and complete checkout
  4. The international phone number you provided will be automatically loaded (you do not need to have the phone in your possession)

Denomination conversion may not be exact due to currency exchange dictated by the service provider. All topup sales are final.

Maximum number of characters: 10

* Required Fields

$0.00

Product Description

Details

Tigo is a cellular brand owned by Colombia Movil S.A., a mobile network operator controlled by Luxembourg-based Millicom International, which owns 51% of Colombia Movil's shares. The remaining 49% is owned by ETB of Bogota and EPM of Medellin. Upon acquiring the license in 2003 to deploy mobile infrastructures in Colombia, Colombia Movil became the third telecommunications company to launch cellular operations in the country, operating under the network's previous brand name, OLA.

Denomination Amount
$10.00 USD converted to Colombian Peso (COP)
$20.00 USD converted to Colombian Peso (COP)
$30.00 USD converted to Colombian Peso (COP)
$40.00 USD converted to Colombian Peso (COP)
$50.00 USD converted to Colombian Peso (COP)
$60.00 USD converted to Colombian Peso (COP)
$70.00 USD converted to Colombian Peso (COP)
Customer Support

In August 2006, Millicom International Cellular S.A. acquired majority of Colombia Movil's shares; and in December of the same year, OLA was renamed as Tigo, now the new cellular brand under which Colombia Movil operates. Today, Tigo serves more than 30 million subscribers across 13 countries in Latin America and Africa. In Colombia, Tigo covers more than 80% of the population with the mobile network's GSM and GPRS coverage operating under the frequency of 1900MHz.

As a testament to Tigo's unwavering commitment to keep its wireless services on par with the existing mobile technology, the cellular network has also been upgrading to 3G (UMTS) and 3.5G (HSDPA) infrastructures, which allow data transfer speeds of up to 2Mbps.

The success of Tigo in the Colombian market is owed to the cellular service provider's competitive postpaid and prepaid services that offer enough flexibility to gain a wider subscriber base over the years. And with Tigo's prepaid services, mobile users take advantage of the network's seamless coverage without lengthy commitments and monthly bills. Tigo prepaid subscribers simply pay for what they use, which means greater convenience and savings for millions of Tigo customers.


The Tigo logo and the Tigo product images are registered trademarks of Tigo.

We Accept: We Accept